Works professionally in Theatre since 1980, alternating tasks as Lighting designer and Technical Director in different Theatres and Festivals. Technical director of the Sala Olimpia during different management periods until 1990. From 1991 to 1993 led the Technical direction of the Teatro Central Theatre in Seville for Expo 92. He later collaborated with the company Stolle in various rehabilitation projects of various Theaters. He was founder of the A.A.I. Association of Lighting Designers in Spain and is entirely dedicated to the lighting design.
AWARDS & DISTINCTIONS
- 2002. Max Award, for the Best lighting Design for A View from the bridge directed by Miguel Narros.
- 2005. ADE Award, for the Best Lighting Design for Infierno (La Divina Comedia) directed by Tomaz Pandur.
- 2007. Max Award for the Best Lighting Design for Divinas Palabras directed by Gerardo Vera.
- 2009. Max Award,
for the Best Lighting Design for Barroco directed by Tomaz Pandur.
2010. ADE Award, por the Best Lighting Design for King Lear directed by Gerardo Vera.
- 2011. National Theatre Award of Spain
- 2012. Ceres Award, for The Little Foxes and Grooming directed by José Luis Gómez.
2015 Max Award, for the Best Lighting Design for Faust directed by Tomaz Pandur.
- 2017 Medal for Cultural Merit of the Performing Arts and Music of Castilla La Mancha.
- 2018 Tribute to Juan Gómez-Cornejo at the Almagro International Classical Theater Festival
- 2019. ADE Award, Rogelio de Egusquiza , for Lehman Trilogy directed by Sergio Peris-Mencheta.